eXTReMe Tracker

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Urgent NASCAR Update

If the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL all have some sort of All-Star Game, what does NASCAR do to showcase its top drivers?

I don't follow it enough to know whether there's an off-season, but perhaps they have some kind of smash-up Derby where they can take their anger out from the season-just-past by demolishing their cars. You know Ernie and Joe Don were "tradin' paint" a few times in the Chase for the Cup -- especially at Darlington; did you see that race? -- or whatever the hell they call it. NASCAR suits surely will be keeping a keen eye on those two hooligans should such an all-star gala occur. And is "NASCAR suits" an oxymoron?

Rumor has it if Joe Don cuts him off on another left turn, Ernie is planning a rather large retaliatory effort. It's all about the manifold drive.

However this speedily growing sport chooses to celebrate its stars, you can bet your ass there will be thousands of Oakley-and-tank-top morons in the infield declaring "Runnin' good today" between gulps of Milwaukee's Best.

3 Comments:

At 10:18 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you live in KY?

http://www.jayski.com/stats/2005/all-star2005.htm

 
At 11:09 AM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

I did.

 
At 5:47 PM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

What a delightful response from you, Musing. Thanks so much for that. Is that you, Kristin? Or is that you, Kristin?

Regardless of your identity, chew juice would never soil my seersucker suit because on the rare occasion that I'd find myself wearing such material in the company of those who have occasion to skoal (lowercased because I'm using it as a verb here; please follow along), I'd obviously be tucked in behind any of my eight or 12 bodyguards typically in my employ. Do you really think I ever leave my apartment without them? Scores of leggy New York City supermodels routinely mob the lobby each morning for even the shortest of glances as I dash off to the office.

You can imagine that when my travels take me south -- and as you know they so often do -- I don't leave the protection behind.

And your inquiry about whether I've accidentally downed chew juice makes me think that perhaps you've chatted recently with one of my associates, because I'm fairly certain I have done that. It is quite a nauseating feeling.

Haven't yet seen Talladega Nights, but I look forward to it. Clarett entry coming shortly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home