eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Tracking Jerry

I really don't take any pleasure delivering this news. For the most part.

When I was an all-star valet parking attendant back in the day, there was once a wealthy man who came into the restaurant frequently and typically took decent care of the valet staff. One particular night, however, as I was anxious to get out of work and presumably head up to the bar near my house, restaurant management volunteered me to drive my Honda Civic and take this rich man home because he'd had too much to drink. Way too much to drink.

Jerry CarrollI'll never criticize a man for drinking to the point of delightful elevation. I'm more likely to pat him on the back. But Jerry Carroll, owner of race tracks and nice cars, couldn't even direct me to his home once we got off the highway because he was so twisted that night. And once we did find his sprawling compound, behind trees and even a small creek bridge if memory recalls, he hopped right out without even saying thank you, let alone dropping a sawbuck in my hand.

So when a Primpin' contributor passed along the link to the story of Carroll's arrest, I thought I'd post it, because it's news you need to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home