eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Holy Shirt

I bought a pretty nice shirt in Malaysia in 2003. I liked it so much that I pretty much wore it out by last winter, but I continued to wear it still.

And since I've been in New York, I've stumbled twice past this store in Midtown called, appropriately enough, The Shirt Store.

The brand is Provenzale, and under normal circumstances, I'd look up the make and buy another shirt or maybe several of them online. But I can't find Provenzale anywhere.

So I took my shirt down there today, and, keep in mind, I probably paid between U.S. $15-$20 three years ago, a great deal on a great shirt. Pale blue with white pinstripes, great soft fabric and quite a firm collar. The ladies love the shirt.

"My, that's quite a firm collar you've got there, Mister!"

Anyway, three workers at The Shirt Store looked through these books full of hundreds and hundreds of samples, and after a couple minutes of searching, they found the closest match to my shirt.

I noticed in the margin of this book that there was a price of $220, which the gal confirmed. She also said there would be a $100 fee for the duplication process, as well as a $25 charge if I was going to order less then four shirts. That's right -- $345 for one nice dress shirt. Welcome to New York, asshole.

6 Comments:

At 12:28 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me you didn't buy.

 
At 2:17 PM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Of course not. I don't have that kind of bread.

 
At 2:55 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to your local Thrift shop and pick it up for $1.50.

 
At 6:18 PM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

That will take some doing to find the perfect shirt, but I will certainly keep my eyes open. Perhaps I'll chronicle the effort in a book called, "Finding Provenzale."

 
At 5:13 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go down to chinatown, you can get a Brolex watch, Couch briefcase, and a Provincealle shirt for the price of a happy meal. Don't be shopping in midtown like some damn tourist.

 
At 7:38 PM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Don't you mean a Nappy Meal?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home