eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Review (Kind Of): Forbidden Broadway

Anne convinced me to leave work an hour early Wednesday to see a musical called "Forbidden Broadway."

Not being a real experienced theatergoer means this is one production I should have waited to see in a few years since the entire script is full of references to other well-known musicals that I haven't yet seen. Most jokes went over my head, so I dozed off a few times instead.

But I was awakened each time by hearty laughter, particularly from the baritone pipes of the man sitting directly behind me in the small theater. By that measure, I guess I'd recommend "Forbidden Broadway," but for someone who's a Broadway novice, put this on your to-do list for 2008 or later, and plan to see a few things in the meantime.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:08 PM EST, Blogger Jeff said...

please hand over your man card to me now so I can destroy it if you plan to see more musicals.

 
At 12:33 PM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

I figured I'd catch some grief from one of the fellas for this entry. I just didn't think it would be you, wall. I expected more from a varsity letterman.

 
At 12:57 PM EST, Blogger brokedickdog said...

He never lettered!

He got kicked off the team after coach found weapons and several pounds of marijuana in his apartment.

the rhyme animal-

 
At 1:56 PM EST, Blogger Jeff said...

I'm totally down with the passion entry, but I draw the line at musicals.And the about the mary jane, it wasn't my apartment, I was house sitting, and it wasn't "several pounds" as dickdog claimed, it was several hundred pounds.

 
At 2:00 PM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Do you draw the line at musicals with a lavender crayon?

 
At 2:45 PM EST, Blogger Jeff said...

black sharpie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home